Freiburg Mitwinter Ball 2009: Tae Fife and Back
For centuries pilgrims have travelled to St. Andrews. They endured long
journeys and defied harsh conditions hoping that they would be helped and
their faults corrected. This hope must have been rewarded as to this day
the flow continues unabated. Every summer the devout pour into St. Andrews
seeking help and correction. They might be more mundanely minded than their
predecessors, but (all the same) they are willing to submit to the most
excruciating spiritual and physical exercises.
Join the St. Andrews Pilgrimage
Last summer, after several years of abstinence, a fair number of our group
joined the worldwide movement. The members of the Freiburg flock may have
had different expectations and experiences (sore feet, baffled brains,
stuffed stomachs) — but in the vespertine recaps of the day’s exertions
they all turned out to be birds of a feather.
This Midwinter Ball commemorates our sojourn in St. Andrews Summer School
and at the same time the great spirit within our group. The obvious, the
emotional, the geographical, the personal, the musical, the cute, the
odd… reminiscences of every kind have found their way into the programme.
All dancers and sympathisers are welcome to bring their own.
Celebrate with us!
Your Freiburg Scottish Country Dancers
Dances will be practiced at the Day School with Jim Cook and
Stefan Schatz (piano). Freie
Waldorfschule Freiburg Wiehre, Pavillonsaal,
price 12€ (student price 6€).
- January 31st, 2009
- Kurhaus Kirchzarten
- Begin 19:00
- Doors open 18:00
- Price 30€, students 20€ (incl. buffet dinner)
Information and Registration
- Day School
- Freie Waldorfschule Freiburg Wiehre, Pavillonsaal
- Schwimmbadstraße 29, 79100 Freiburg
- 10:30-12:30h and 14:00-16:00h
- Please bring your own lunch and drinks
- Please send your firm registration in writing by 23.01.2008 to:
- Kirsten Steinbach
- Tirolerweg 25, 79111 Freiburg
- Phone +49 (0)761 - 44 52 03
- On this website here you will find the current number of
registrations and (if necessary) the waiting list. You can also
download detailed descriptions of the dances.
- Accomodation and getting there
You will find the location and
directions to Kirchzarten and to the Day School below.
We also provide a list of Hotels and
Guesthouses in and around Kirchzarten. For more information please contact:
- Kirchzarten Tourist-Information
- Hauptstrasse 24, D-79199 Kirchzarten
- Phone +49 (0)7661 - 90 79 80
- Fax +49 (0)7661 - 90 79 89
- Downloads + Links
- Invitation (PDF screen
version, 185kByte or print, 2,2MByte)
- Program, Pilling for booklet (PDF, 590kByte)
Print it, cut it in half, fold the sheets, staple them togehter,
here's your booklet!
- Program, Pilling plain (PDF, 1,2MByte)
Simple, plain A4.
- Program, Pilling for booklet (PDF, 1,1MByte)
For folding into booklet.
- Program, Minicrib (PDF, 104kByte)
- List of Hotels (with links)
- Directions to Kirchzarten (from www.dreisamtal.de)
- Directions to the Ball (maps.google.com)
to the day school (maps.google.com)
- Utmost latest breaking news (01.02.2009)
- The ball is over now, we hope you enjoyed it!
- Maybe the pictures shown can be found here later this month.